Pages

Wednesday, 12 October 2011

I don't want you to do that

No one can more effectively teach a lesson than a little kid on how to be parent a baby.

I was nursing Jane in bed this morning when Thomas crawled into my bed. Of course Jane completely abandons boob and turns to look at her brother. After a few many unsuccessful attempts to get her to focus on her morning milk, I was exasperated. I needed to get out of bed, dress myself and Thomas, get his breakfast, pep him for school, and actually get on the road. (For those who do not have kids, you calculate the amount of time it takes you to accomplish said tasks, and multiply that time by two, then add another 10 minutes.) Of course, you can't get too mad at a 6-month-old for preferring her brother to boob.

Me: (half jokingly) No Jane, don't do that. Focus on milk. Focus.
(My words had no effect whatsoever.) Jane, that's just no good right now.
Thomas: (still lying in my bed) I don't want you to do that.
Me: Do what?
Thomas: I don't want you to talk to Jane like that.

Thanks you Thomas for teaching me how to be a better Mama. I love you.

DSC_7953 copy

1 comment:

  1. Quinn often corrects the way i talk to Jack...it's the 'big brother' thing and, yes, it is a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete