Pages

Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Three years ago...

I was getting ready to be a mom. October 26 was Thomas' due date (he was born on the 28th), and the whole giving-birth experience wasn't exactly what I had expected. I had not expected that it would take so freaking long to deliver a baby. I'll spare you the details, because it's long and hard and will probably make you not want to have a baby. I'll just tell you that the whole thing, from the first real contraction to when Thomas finally came out, took about 86 hours, during which I got 20 minutes of sleep. To be honest, it wasn't really that great (a bit traumatic, in fact).

But then we went home, and got to see this everyday:

Baby Thomas

And three years later, we get to have this everyday:

Thomas

Happy (almost) birthday, Thomas! I'm so glad I'm your Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment